Welcome, Readers!

The contest Save the Picture Book has ended. Telling people about funny, informative, beautiful, or generally awesome picture books continues. I also share middle grade books, book apps, and educational apps that my kids and I like.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Our First Save Everything! (and the Picture Book) Event



Join us for our first Save Everything! (and the Picture Book) Event

The details:

Save the Bookworms! (and the Picture Books They Eat)
A Friday Family Fun Night
The Plaza Library
4801 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64112
March 11
7 p.m.

Insect larvae can be cute or yucky—but always interesting. Come learn about these baby bugs from Bridget Heos, author of the nonfiction picture book What to Expect When You’re Expecting Larvae: a Guide for Insect Parents (and Curious Children.) (Lerner/Millbrook, Spring 2011.) Kids will see real larvae, do a bookworm craft, and be entered to win picture book prizes through Save Everything! (and the Picture Book.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my gosh, Bridget, I am so sorry that I am unable to figure out how to send a comment without getting it lost in cyberspace. My apologies, again, in case the two previous ones I've written surface somewhere. My name is Ellen Murphy, and my daughter, Phoebe Unterman, wrote and illustrated the book, Through Eva's Eyes, about her grandmother. I would love to get a copy to you, if possible, for your web site. It is also available at Rainy Day and Reading Reptile. Phoebe is now 18, and a freshman in college, and she and her grandmother will be appearing at the Plaza branch library just four days after your appearance, on Tuesday, March 15th, at 6:30. Please contact me, as I share your love of the children's book genre and would love to talk about preserving it. Our contact info: untermans@aol.com, throughevaseyes@gmail.com, and the web site for the book: www.throughevaseyes.com.

    ReplyDelete